BLACK STONE CHERRY ANNOUNCES THEIR 7TH ALBUM! ‘THE HUMAN CONDITION’ WILL BE RELEASED ON OCTOBER 306th August 2020
The Human Condition was completed mere days before the COVID-19 lockdown was imposed. The band self-produced and tracked the album in bassist Jon Lawhon’s recording facility, Monocle Studios. The guys went in with 4 songs, wrote some new ones and recorded a few beloved, unreleased favourites.
Here’s what the guys have to say about the new album:
“There was a real urgency and fear of the unknown during those sessions – it was a scary time, Every song on this album tells a story of the experiences we all go through – our happiness, our struggles, and how we have to adapt.” – John Fred Young
“With this one, we cranked up the amps, the drums are in your face, and there are some really heavy riffs. After 19 years and 7 albums, we wanted to prove that we still kick ass. This album feels like a rebirth.” – Ben Wells
“When I listen back to this record, I feel all these different emotions. We started when we were teens, and life has taken its course, especially now. Through it all, your heart and your perspectives change, but one thing that hasn’t changed is our connection as friends.” – Jon Lawhon
“This is a brotherhood. It’s been amazing to stick around with all four original members and still be inspired. Here’s to 7 more albums and another 19 years!” – Chris Robertson Check out the brand new video for “Again”!
Available on the following formats:
- Bronze/Gold LP: Limited to 500 copies. Webstore exclusive
- Silver LP: Limited to 1000 copies. Webstore exclusive
- Purple LP: UK retail exclusive. 200 available in the UK webstore
- Red LP: Available in the US and EU webstores, and UK indie record stores
- Deluxe CD with 2 coasters, 4 postcard and 4 guitar picks in a plus-sized box
- Exclusive new T-shirt! Click on the item you want to buy, and scroll down for the bundle**. T-shirt available in sizes M-XXL.
- Free poster when you pre-order from the Mascot EU store!
** The small print: Due to new Billboard chart rules, we can’t offer T-shirt bundles in our US store. Y’all can still buy the new shirt separately, though!