MEGADETH Announce “Killing Is My Business… And Business Is Good: The Final Kill”23rd April 2018
Hailed as “The Best Thrash Metal Album Of All Time” (VH1), legendary thrash metal trailblazers MEGADETH will continue to celebrate the band’s 35th anniversary with a deluxe re-issue of their revolutionary debut album “Killing Is My Business… And Business Is Good!”
The band have partnered with Century Media and Legacy Recordings for release on 08 June 2018 in North America and Europe, and in Japan on 06 June 2018 via Sony Japan.
“Killing Is My Business… And Business Is Good: The Final Kill” has been completely restored to Dave Mustaine’s intended version. Remixed by veteran metal mixer Mark Lewis (Trivium, Death Angel, Devildriver, Whitechapel) and re-mastered by Ted Jensen for an optimal listening experience, the 2018 version reveals previously unheard parts and performances throughout the record, including a missing drum performance found during the mixing sessions. This rare gem includes the full original album, along with seven live audio tracks from VHS tapes found in Mustaine’s own attic!
In addition to the bonus live tracks, the re-issue also features MEGADETH‘s 1984 three-track demo and the previously removed cover of ‘These Boots’, which has been added to the record with re-cut vocals true to Lee Hazelwood’s version.
The complete track listing is as follows:
“Killing Is My Business… And Business Is Good: The Final Kill”
- Last Rites / Loved to Deth (Remastered)
- Killing Is My Business… And Business Is Good! (Remastered)
- The Skull Beneath the Skin (Remastered)
- Rattlehead (Remastered)
- Chosen Ones (Remastered)
- Looking Down the Cross (Remastered)
- Mechanix (Remastered)
- These Boots (Remastered)
- Last Rites / Loved to Deth [LIVE, 1987 – London, UK]
- Killing Is My Business… And Business Is Good! [LIVE, 1986 – Denver, CO]
- The Skull Beneath the Skin [LIVE, 1990 – London, UK]
- Rattlehead [LIVE, 1987 – Bochum, Germany]
- Chosen Ones [LIVE, 1986 – Denver, CO]
- Looking Down the Cross [LIVE, 1986 – Denver, CO]
- Mechanix [LIVE, 1986 – Denver, CO]
- Last Rites / Loved to Deth [Demo] (Remastered)
- The Skull Beneath the Skin [Demo] (Remastered)
- Mechanix [Demo] (Remastered)
The re-issue is further enhanced by a new album cover artwork (as seen above), featuring a full executed sculpture of the iconic skull that has been lost over the many years since the album’s initial release. The packaging also includes classic flyers and band photos pulled from their archive of timeless metal moments from MEGADETH‘s storied 35-year history.
‘The Final Kill’ is the complete vision of main man Mustaine, who commented: “I am just as much amazed at the music we made as I am at the pure fact that we survived it all!”
Mustaine further delves into the struggles during that time period as well as some of the surprising moments during the remixing sessions throughout the re-issue’s liner notes.
“Killing Is My Business… And Business Is Good: The Final Kill” is now available for pre-order in the below format options:
- CD Digipak (in stores and online)
- Gatefold Red 2LP – limited to 1500 copies (in stores and online)
- Gatefold Black 2LP (in stores and online)
- Gatefold White 2LP – limited to 500 copies (FYE Exclusive)
- Gatefold Silver 2LP – limited to 500 copies (Band exclusive available on www.megadeth.com)
- CD Digipak
- Gatefold Clear 2LP – limited to 400 copies
- Gatefold Black 2LP
- BluSpec CD
- Band Exclusive Silver 2LP and more MEGADETH merchandise available at:
- Red or Black 2LP and CD Digipak available at Century Media’s US Store:
- Clear 2LP and CD Digipak:
- Digital pre-orders and streaming:
- Signed limited copies Red or Black 2LP and CD Digipak (available at Pledge Music)
MEGADETH have earned their spot as one of metal”s most influential and respected acts over the past 35 years. Over the course of their career, the band have sold 38 million albums, notched six consecutive platinum efforts – including 1992’s two-million-selling “Countdown to Extinction” – and garnered 12 Grammy® nominations and one win for Best Metal Performance on their most recent album, 2016’s “Dystopia”. Onstage, they continue to be a world-dominating metal force, shaking stadiums from the US to Bulgaria as a key component of the recent milestone Big 4 concerts, as well as playing their own show to massive crowds in every corner of the globe.
Dave Mustaine – Vocals, Guitar
Kiko Louriero – Guitar
David Ellefson – Bass
Dirk Verbeuren – Drums