Roadburn adds over twenty new names to the 2024 lineup including Inter Arma, Grails, DOOL, Fluisteraars and more23rd January 2024
Roadburn has today announced a further 22 names for the 2024 line-up of the festival, which will take place between 18-21 April in Tilburg, The Netherlands. The addition of Inter Arma, Scaler, Grails, and more follows two recent stand-alone announcements. Wiegedood was previously confirmed and will be performing their soundtrack to the silent Japanese horror film, A Page of Madness. Last week the third commissioned project for Roadburn 2024 was announced: Die Wilde Jagd will collaborate with the world-renowned Dutch Metropole Orkest for the world premiere of a composition titled Lux Tenera.
Roadburn’s artistic director, Walter Hoeijmakers, comments:
With this announcement, it all starts to come together. Artistically and musically, we are connecting dots between artists, genres, and audiences. We’re drawing lines between new and exciting bands and Roadburn veterans, attendees new and old. But the key is connection and inclusion. We are finally aligning all the creative elements with which we have been building Roadburn 2024.
These latest additions are instrumental in creating the communal joy of exploration we hope to foster in this year’s Roadburn.
- Angry Blackmen will be bringing their experimental hip hop from Chicago to Tilburg
- Hot on the heels of the upcoming new album, Arms and Sleepers will be playing new material live for the first time at Roadburn
- Couch Slut will perform their upcoming new album, You Could Do It Tonight, in full
- Adding their melodic take on chaotic hardcore to the line up will be the UK’s Death Goals
- Dool will present their just-announced new album, The Shape of Fluidity, in full on the main stage
- Fluisteraars will perform a second special set titled Manifestaties van de Ontworteling – an experiment in disquieting soundscapes
- Anches En Maat heralded a triumphant return for Grails, and they’ll be returning to the main stage once again.
- Inter Arma will present their upcoming album, New Heaven, in its entirety.
- JeGong will make their live debut
- Experimental artist John Francis Flynn will bring his contemporary Irish folk to Roadburn
- As well as presenting a commissioned project, Kavus Torabi will also perform a psychedelic solo show.
- Miaux’s contemplative, exploratory synth-led music has found a home at Roadburn 2024.
- Belgian duo Pruillip will bring their sludgy, meditative sounds to Tilburg.
- Scaler will be making the trip from Bristol, UK to deliver their electrifying live performance.
- Psychedelic sounds abound as Spill Gold descends on Roadburn.
- Italian screamo band Stormo stop by as part of their European tour.
- Takh offer up a slow-building, emotion-drenched voyage into post-rock and beyond
- The Keening will play their debut album, Little Bird, in full on the main stage
- Blending prog, psych, funk… and whatever else they find lying around on the forest floor, Tusmørke will make their presence felt
- Verwoed will present their new album, The Mother, in full
- Void Ov Voices will put together a special set just for the festival, titled Roadburn to Sungate
- Genre-defying ensemble Xiu Xiu will present a distinctive set titled The police bear such resemblance to those they pursue.
The above artists join a line-up that includes The Jesus And Mary Chain, Khanate, Chelsea Wolfe, Lankum, Clipping., Blood Incantation, Health, Royal Thunder, Hexvessel, Agriculture, Fluisteraars, and many, many more. More artists will be announced in the coming weeks. For all information including tickets, please visit www.roadburn.com