ROB CHAPMAN 52 NOTE GUITAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION10th May 2019
WaterBear | The College of Music are very excited to announce the 2019 Rob Chapman 52 Note Guitar Challenge Competition.
The competition is designed to showcase emerging guitar talent. Entrants are asked to jam over a backing track (see track below), but are limited to the most creative use of 52 notes only. Entrants need to upload a video to YouTube of them playing along with the backing track
This competition is open to the guitar players across the world of all ages. The prize is a one-off prototype Chapman ML1 Guitar, including hard case which will be shipped directly to the winner.
You can download the backing track by following the links to the Rob Chapman 52 Note Guitar Challenge Competition on the WaterBear website – www.waterbear.org.uk. or https://www.waterbear.org.uk/robchapmanguitarchallenge
– You must be playing live on video and we must be able to see your hands.
– You can record using a simple camera phone.
– You can use any number of notes up to 52.
– You are allowed to bend to multiple notes from one picked note.
– Chords count as one note.
– Try to be as melodic as possible and consider your phrasing.
– You can enter as many times as you like.
– You must upload your video to Youtube.
– Use this title in your video: Water Bear Backing Track Competition – Insert Your Name
– This competition ends on the 14th June 2019.
– The winner will be picked by Water Bear and Rob Chapman.
– The decision of the judges is final.
► Subscribe to our youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/waterbear?sub_confirmation=1
Rob Chapman Guitar Challenge here: https://www.waterbear.org.uk/robchapmanguitarchallenge/
Make sure you hit the notification bell so you never miss out on our latest videos, tips and news!
► Interested in achieving a BA or an MA qualification as a producer, vocalist, musician, social media content producer, songwriter, tour manager or DJ?
Come to our next open days to see how we can help you:
* Tuesday 21st May: 18:30 (Masters Open Evening)
* Saturday 8th June: 12:00
* Tuesday 18th June: 18:30 (Masters Open Evening)
* Saturday 13th July: 12:00
* Tuesday 30th July: 18:30 (Masters Open Evening)
* Saturday 17th August: 12:00
* Tuesday 27th August: 18:30 (Masters Open Evening)
* Saturday 14th September: 12:00
► To book your place visit www.waterbear.org.uk/open-days/
More about WaterBear | The College of Music
WaterBear offers innovative & flexible BA (Hons) and Masters programmes. Learn from leading music innovators at their campus in the heart of Brighton, UK or Online via Distance Learning. With a commitment to 1-1 mentoring, smaller class sizes and flexible course delivery, WaterBear represents a new, fresh approach to Higher Education. All qualifications are internationally recognised and accredited by the University of Chichester